Monday, October 13, 2014

MDSM86... Let's try a Technique!


Hi Everyone!  It's Heidi.  I thought today we'd try a background technique that could be applied to a card or scrapbook page, the herringbone technique.  You can find a step-by-step video by Juanita Golson on mydigitalstudio.net.


A couple of hints -
  • I followed Juanita's method for one quadrant of the herringbone pattern.  I then grouped them together (without the first three main divider pieces) and copied and pasted for the other three quadrants.
  • I created the herringbone pattern on a separate page, exported as a JPEG, and then inserted into another page so that I could mat the layer neatly onto a background page base.
Here's a look at the herringbone pattern created on a separate page - 

Have fun trying a new technique, and I can't wait to see what you make!

Challenge Guidelines:
  • Please create a new MDS project for the current challenge.
  • Provide a link back to MDS Monday or use the Challenge Graphic above within your post.
  • Link directly to your Post for this challenge, not your entire blog. (So we can find your project)
  • You can create a Card, Scrap Page or 3-D Object with the Sketch.
  • The Challenge will end on Saturday October 11th @ 12pm EST. 
  • Have fun! 
____________________________


Heidi Baks
 RunningwScissorsStamper


Jeanna Bohanon


Tanya Harvey
Tanya's Stamps & Things


Tami Hewlett
Swimming In Stamps


Yapha Mason
Stamps & Scraps


Cindy Schuster 


Beth Rush


Anita Krul
My Paper Chronicles



1 comment:

  1. Bummer! I just found your blog, but I played anyhow. http://vikkijoscorner.blogspot.com/2014/10/mds-monday-challenge.html
    Thank you for the challenge!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for joining us at MDS Monday!