Lets use punches! Hi everyone, Beth here with this week's challenge! For this week's challenge, I would like you to use a punch to add photos to your page. I have made a simple sketch to get you started but feel free to add more photo filled punches and change it up a bit to fit your needs. Suggestions could be stars for a sporty page, ornaments for Christmas, leaves or pumpkins for fall.
There is a video for filling punch shapes with photos here...
Sometimes you may want to only fill part of a punch with your photo to make it work (for example you don't want to cut off part of a face with a points of the star.) You can edit the way the photo fits by double clicking the shape and zooming out or in. Then, if you are left with some black spaces, you can fill them with some designer series paper (DSP). To fill in the background with DSP, copy the punch and paste it in place, then fill it with DSP and send it behind. I have done exactly that in my sample below.
Please feel free to ask questions and I hope that you have fun creating!!
- Please create a new MDS project for the current challenge.
- Provide a link back to MDS Monday or use the challenge graphic above within your post.
- Link directly to your post or mydigitalstudio.net sample page for this challenge, not your entire website (So we can find your project)
- You can create a card, scrapbook page or 3-D object with the sketch.
- The Challenge will end on Saturday January 24th @ 12pm EST.
- Have fun!
Swimming In Stamps
Thanks for joining us!