MyMemories Suite Offer
Stampin' Up! has worked with excellent partners to make the My Digital Studio product line. It's pleased to announce that StoryRock, the partner who worked with it to develop the MDS software, has made an offer to Stampin’ Up!’s customers and demonstrators. Some MDS users may know that the original MDS software was based on StoryRock’s award-winning MyMemories Suite software. While the two softwares have diverged over the years, there are still many similarities--which Stampin' Up! feels confident will enable MDS users to experience an easy transition to MyMemories Suite.
MyMemories version 6 software is normally available for $39.99 USD, but StoryRock has cut the price to $19.99 USD for anyone who purchases the software via this special offer. See more details about the offer here.
Starting on June 3, StoryRock will make a number of additional print products available through the latest version of the MyMemories software. Stampin’ Up! has worked with StoryRock to introduce some of our most popular print products, like additional card, photobook, and calendar options and sizes. We will post a detailed list of those products and StoryRock’s prices on MyDigitalStudio.net on June 3.
While Stampin’ Up! will not sell any digital downloads after June 2, it has reached an agreement with StoryRock to offer a limited number of its existing digital downloads for sale via a Stampin’ Up! section of the MyMemories.com online store. You can expect to see a limited selection of digital downloads appearing on the MyMemories.com online store over the next few months. The price for downloads through the MyMemories.com online store may vary, but it will definitely be in your best interest to purchase the downloads available through Stampin’ Up! at a 30 percent discount until they are no longer available after June 2.
Do I need to switch to MyMemories Suite?
Stampin’ Up! will no longer support the MDS software after June 9, 2015. MDS will continue to work on existing computers for the foreseeable future. However, you will no longer be able to print directly from MDS after June 2, and it is very probable that the software will not work with the upcoming Windows PC and Mac operating systems. It is also possible that other critical component updates like Java may cause the software to stop working as intended.
In short, if you would like to continue with digital design on a supported platform, we recommend that you switch to the latest version of MyMemories Suite. MyMemories Suite consistently rates very high, we know and recommend the developers, and as we have mentioned, it is very similar to MDS. Stampin’ Up! will not provide support for switching your MDS projects and files over to MyMemories Suite, but StoryRock will be more than happy to help."
While I have not personally tried MyMemories Suite (MMS), I've heard several people indicate that they have transitioned to it and that it is very similar to My Digital Studio. As stated above MMS is software developed by Storyrock, Inc., the same creators as My Digital Studio.
MMS recently posted the following information on their website:
"Here is our current plan to help My Digital Studio customers migrate to My Memories Suite. Keep in mind this plan may change between now and when the MDS site goes offline.
1. Stampin' Up! will not be providing continued support for the MDS software after June 2nd. (Later revised to June 9.)
2. We are offering any MDS user a FREE copy of My Memories Suite 5.
3. Installed MDS content can be migrated into My Memories Suite. Be sure to download any purchased MDS content to your computer prior to site closing. (Steps for Mac) / ( Steps for Windows)
4. You can convert any MDS created album project into a MMS album by changing the file extensions from .mds to .mms. (Steps for Mac) / (Steps for Windows)
5. MMS offers professionally printed photobooks and calendars that can be uploaded through MMS. As well as photo gifts that can be ordered online.
6. MMS does not offer direct professionally printed board books, journals, and cards. Be sure to finish any of these project types in MDS prior to closing of print services.
7. Our content such as Papers and Embellishments will work with MDS, but only if you select the General format. (Or do the reverse of the migrate steps.)
8. We are offering an upgrade to My Memories Suite 6 for $19.99 which includes a $7 mymemories.com store credit.
Please contact us if you have any questions.
My Memories Support"